Retail Team Members
BETA5 Chocolates is one of Vancouver’s essential dessert experiences.
We have been named as one of the Top 10 Chocolate Shops in North America, and our chocolates have received numerous awards, including Gold at the International Chocolate Awards.
Six days a week, our customers flood to our little shop, hidden away in the False Creek Flats, between Strathcona and Mount Pleasant. From cream puff super fans, to dessert thrill seekers, to the chocolate curious, we aim to provide our customers with knowledgeable, tailored customer service.
That’s where you come in...
We're looking for polished employees who are curious about food, and interested in learning the details of our business. We need you to be capable of sharing your excitement about food, investigating flavour profiles and ingredients, and communicating those experiences to our clientele.
In our dream scenario, you have:
- 2 years of boutique customer service experience
- an engaging personality and the ability to communicate with our diverse clientele
- the ability to multitask and adapt as the situation requires
- the ability to remain calm under intense pressure and during busy rushes
- excitement about our product, our team, and our brand
- works well with others, and is looking to join our growing team
Retail Team Duties:
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, tailored customer service
- Communicate accurate product descriptions, ingredients, and allergens
- Explain products, seasonal concepts, company history, and company values in a manner that demonstrates excitement, interest in, and commitment to BETA5
- Help build our loyal customer base
- Opening and closing duties
- Cash handling
- Merchandising and shop maintenance
Service Station & Assembly:
- Organize station and workflow to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Accurate order fulfillment
- Handle products with care and according to FOODSAFE standards
- Package products with an eye for perfection and precision
- Participate in new product development sprints, and design workshops with other team members as directed by management
- Listen, and provide insight, to customer feedback and communication to help guide future releases
All schedules require weekend and weekday availability.
Compensation is competitive and is based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you're a good fit for BETA5, along with your resume, to info(at)beta5chocolates.com