BETA5 Chocolates is seeking an experienced Sous Chef to lead our pastry kitchen. This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to be challenged in a creative environment. Having been recognized as one of North America's Top 10 Chocolatiers, and recipient of numerous international awards, experienced pastry cooks with an interest in a modern approach to pastry, chocolate and confectionery will thrive in this role.
- a minimum of 3 years experience in fine dining restaurants, luxury hotels or comparable environments with a focus on quality
- knowledge and understanding of pastry techniques, including choux, mousses, curds, ice creams and tempering chocolate
- experience leading and training within a small team environment
- dedicated, detail-oriented, and creative individual with a respect for the craft of pastry and chocolate
- good understanding of chocolate and pastry trends, both locally and internationally
- manage day-to-day production within the pastry kitchen
- complete weekly ordering and manage inventory together with the chef chocolatier
- perform frequent quality checks to ensure adherence to standards and work to continually improve products and production methods
- assist with monthly inventory counts
- work closely with executive pastry chef to conceptualize and develop new products for seasonal and holiday collections
- hiring, training and discipline of pastry team
- promote a disciplined, professional and inclusive work environment
// Start Date
salaried, based on experience
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be handled in confidence.